Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
Is your neighborhood prepared?
(863) 534-CERT (2378)
Polk County Fire Rescue
PO Box 1458
Bartow, FL 33881
What is CERT?
If a major disaster hits, do you …
- have enough supplies for a minimum of 72 hours up to an entire month for all family members, including pets?
- know how to turn off the gas?
- know how to safely turn off the power?
- know how to apply first aid?
- have enough water for all of your family and your pets?
- have provisions for living outside your home for a length of time if the structure is compromised?
It is important to know, if a major disaster occurs, the local fire departments, paramedics, police…WILL NOT COME! They will be deployed FIRST to major incidents such as collapsed buildings. That is why you constantly hear…You MUST be prepared to take care of yourself. In the CERT course they say…“The Greatest Good for the Greatest Number of People.” When you are trained, you are far more equipped to deal with your circumstances without needing aid from outside sources.
CERT members are trained in basic disaster response skills such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization and disaster medical operations. You will learn how to prepare for emergencies, what supplies you should NOW have in your house, how much food, how much water but most importantly, how to protect your family in an emergency!
Fire Rescue Cadets
PCFR Fire Rescue Cadet is a youth organization sponsored by Polk County Fire Rescue (PCFR) and chartered under the Florida Fire Chiefs Association (FFCA). PCFR is designated as the chartered organization.
Membership is open to all young adults who are 14 years old and have completed the eighth grade or is 15 years of age and not yet 19.
Lakeland Regional Health Shadow
The Shadowing Experience at Lakeland Regional Health
The LRH shadowing program provides unique student opportunities for participants to spend time at an actual work site, observing professionals and support staff as they tend to their day-to-day activities. The minimum age requirement is 14 years of age and is available to students who are in grades 9 through 12.
You can view more information here.
Lakeland Regional Health Volunteer
Teen Volunteer Program
Teens work side by side with clinical staff and adult volunteers, gaining valuable work skills in a character-building environment. Students interested in a career in medicine find this a great way to learn about the many healthcare professions and opportunities available. After completing their initial summer program, teens can continue to volunteer year-round in their assigned service area.
We are now accepting applications for this summer. To become a teen volunteer, please fill out the application found here.
Dear Teen Volunteer and Parents,
We are excited to offer our Summer Teen Volunteering program again this year. The program will run from June 3 thru July 31, 2019. With a luncheon for all volunteers and parents on August 2.
Items for Teen Volunteers and Parents to be aware of:
- Teen volunteers wear a BayCare uniform that consists of a collared shirt. This shirt is purchased through the hospital and is a cost of $30. The shirt will be able to be used yearly with us or if you chose to continue to volunteer throughout the year on our hospital campus.
· Mandatory orientation will be held on Monday, May 20 at 3 pm in Classroom 1 at Bartow Regional Medical Center, 2200 Osprey Blvd., Bartow, FL 33830. Please plan to stay for the entire orientation, which will be approx. 2 ½ hours.
- At orientation you will be asked for (if you have not already submitted) your time availability during the summer. Shifts are 1-2 days per week, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM or 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM. Please note any vacation weeks and specific days or times you will not be available to volunteer.
- TB testing will be provided at orientation free of charge, however, you will need to be available 48-72 hours after the test is given to return to BRMC and have it read. If you choose to go elsewhere, proof of a negative TB test dated within the last 12 months will have to be presented prior to volunteering.
Please complete the attached application and return to Holly Vida on or before Friday, May 3 at 5pm. (The Volunteer Education Quiz can be brought with you to orientation.) You can drop it in the lobby to my attention, scan and email it to me, or fax it: email@example.com or (f) 863.519.1420
We look forward to having you involved at Bartow Regional Medical Center. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about our new process: (o) 863.519.1747
Manager of Operations
Bartow Regional Medical Center 2200 Osprey Blvd. Bartow, FL 33830 (c) 863.944.2102| (o) 863.519.1747